Saturday, January 16, 2010

Things I Don't Understand

1) Women who get all done up for work outs. I've got one or two of these offenders at Jazzercise, but there is one that is really over the top. It looks like she spends an hour getting ready to go sweat. Her hair is short and all styled up with LOTS of hairspray. She wears hoop earrings, and color coordinated eye shadow. Why? That is a whole lot of work for it to run down your face, go home and shower, and have to do it all over again. I understand a little mascara or light colored shadow on a puffy eye day, because those are quick fixes to pillow face. Give yourself a break, and go to the gym with the bear minimum on. You deserve it. If you're married you shouldn't be trying to impress anyone, and if you're single the guys at the gym are probably gay or players.


2) People Offended by Fat People. There are some people who are just offended by the weirdest things. Why would a fat person offend you? Is it because you think it is unacceptable to be fat or you're afraid you might be fat someday, so you are like "ugh, I will NEVER be fat." Never say never, then it will REALLY happen to you! It's like a jinx. If you don't send this blog link to 7 people you will gain 50lbs this year. Or maybe you're secretly jealous that they can eat a whole cheesecake and no one will blink.
But seriously, if a person is overweight they are usually upset enough inside, and don't need your comments. Just move along...

3) Tattoos. I don't get them. People get some really strange things tattooed on their body. Like a naked chick with her legs spread open that covers your whole back. What is that about? It makes me think you either a) never get any of that stuff betwixt her legs, so you're over compensating or b) you were drunk off your ass and your friends thought it would be hilarious. I realize that a majority of people who do tattoos are artists, and can create some amazing things on your tender canvas. But as a needle phobe...and a hepatitis phobe...I have to decline the invitation. Besides I have never thought of something I would tattoo on my body forever. But to each their own!

4) People who were cool in high school and never got over themselves. I'm planning my 10 year reunion and while there are so many people that have changed a lot, in a good way, there are some that haven't. No one cares if you were the sports star, or had the prettiest hair in school. You're just another person. Sorry to break it to you. A handful of people from our class are above average in the job category...and if you have time to read my blog it's probably not you. :) Not that I don't appreciate the readership. In fact if you're reading this I really really like you. It's not you I'm talking about. You're awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Anna!! These are so true except maybe the tattoo thing because I have like four but not harm done. They have my kids names on them so the mean something to me. I love the high school comment and how true it is. Your blogs make me laugh on my down days. Thanks Jennifer Wilkin (Coxe)

Anna said...

I know people like getting them, but that's the part I don't get. Lol It looks painful and way too permanent for me!

Grandma said...

I think your tattoo'd friend got a huge bad joke played on him... it IS on his BACK where he can't see it as it is going down.... LOL ... another good reason to NOT let someone draw a permanent picture on your a$$...

The Greenfields said...

I'm with you on all of the above! Especially #1-- I don't even get done up when I'm not going to work out. ha and as for #2-- I don't really understand it either, or why anyone should really be made fun of for that matter (unless they deserve it and/or are asking for it!) :)

Unknown said...

I'm with you on pretty much all those. I would get a tat if I weren't indecisive though.. I think they are neat artwork, though I've seen a lot of bad ones.

I've got another one- Healthy young women who get tons of plastic surgery and end up looking like Blow up dolls. I saw sooo much bad plastic surgery in Las Vegas, people looked like aliens!