Sunday, April 26, 2009

Quick One

Before I leave I have to tell this little story. Last night I went to a movie with some friends, and when I got in my car it smelled really bad. So I threw all the trash away and figured it would dissipate by the time I got done. But it didn't. So I started thinking about what it could be, and I had a little "aha!" moment.

The car seat...

Anyone who has a toddler knows that there is lots of tiny pieces of goldfish, graham crackers, fruit snacks, etc. that fall down in the cracks of those seats. Well, my son had just spilled a bunch of water in his seat, and it made contact with those crumbs and created some sort of molding situation. So I drug the car seat out of the car and ripped the cover off...(okay not ripped...it is a complex process of taking the whole car seat apart) and threw it in the wash.

It took me a while to get the car seat put back together once everything was dry. I put the little buckles upside down, and another one backwards. I had to take it apart 3 times. Anyway, now the headrest is stuck! It's in this cock-eyed position and I cannot get it straight. I'm sitting there wrestling with the damn car seat and making no progress. I have one leg up on it, then I tried a knee, then I tried getting it in a scissor lock, and STILL I cannot get the thing straight. I need help! Who makes these things? They need a Geek Squad for car seat troubleshooting.

Hey now there is an idea! *COPYRIGHT PATENT!* You cannot steal my idea to start a car seat geek squad.

Okay now back to packing!

1 comments:

carseats19 said...

Thanks for information which you provided about the kids and its very much helpful for there parents by this blog. You clearly show how comfortable children are with the kids car seats.