Thursday, April 23, 2009

To Potty or not to Potty?

My son will be 30 months (2.5 yrs) next Tuesday. Over the last year and a half I have tried several times to introduce the idea of using a potty. The first time I tried he did great for about 2 days, but then decided he didn't want to use the potty anymore. So now here we are still wearing diapers. I feel pressure as a SAHM to have this taken care of already. Kids younger than him are potty trained already, but I haven't given it another go in months. Here are my current list of excuses:


1) He really doesn't seem interested. He won't even let me change him when he poops yet. *BIG SIGH*


2) We have a trip to go on next week. (This is legit people...I don't want him having accidents all the way to Iowa!)


3) I'm waiting for summer.


4) Potty training is disgusting. This one is a biggie. I am not excited about poop getting smeared all over the place, and my son peeing on his sister. Oh and the worst is when you don't see the poop until it's too late...and you walk in on the dogs "cleaning it up." *GAG* *HACK* *COUGH* *GAG*



I'm trying to get myself psyched up for round 3, but it's really hard. Especially when you see other moms in the store with their toddler and the tot says "mommy potty!" Which we all know means you have like 30 seconds to get them to the bathroom before they have an accident. I saw this lady at the store today with that dilemma. She was all the way over by the groceries, and had to make it half way across the store...I wonder if she did. Better her than me!


But now that I'm writing this I have the strange urge to start trying to train him again. I must be crazy. I better stalk up on M & Ms...

0 comments: